NI Package Manager (NIPM)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error occurred while installing a package: ni-mswebview2 error

Hello everyone!

I am trying to install cRIO Drivers 2023 in a PC with Labview Runtime 2020 and Drivers 2020 already installed.

I keep the default options selected in Drivers and Additional Items steps and while installation is in progress, below error appears [I have also allowed the removal of NI 1588-2008 network management runtime, in case it is of use in this case]:

ElisTh_0-1698691716666.png

ElisTh_1-1698692026438.png

Is there a way to fix this? I have tried to uninstall both the software and the 2020 drivers without success -system seems unresponsive when trying to open package manager and uninstall the software.

Is it possible that while attempting to uninstall the drivers from Programs menu something went wrong and now I cannot open the package manager?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,884 Views)

ElisTh, I am not that familiar with what this package installs, but it appears that the package's custom execute operation is attempting to run another wrapped installer in some way and the executable that does this is returning a non-zero return code (-1) and that is being interpreted as a failure to install. It is possible that security software on that failing system is interfering with the installation of the package.

Question: Can you share what security protection software is running on your system?

Scott Richardson
https://testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,843 Views)

ElisTh, Are there any log files that match this directory and filename pattern, and if so, can you share those with us?

%temp%\ni-webview2installer_{currentTime}.log

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,813 Views)

Scott, thank you for your response. I see there are 7 logs (different times on 10/30/2023) same as below:

ElisTh_0-1698738392093.png

I also noticed one more thing. Before trying to install the 2023 drivers, I was able to access NI-MAX. Now it appears uninstalled and last time I tried to install one NI-max package separately, I got below error:

ElisTh_3-1698738576472.jpeg

Also the following appears when opening NI package manager (which appears frozen for long time before opening):

ElisTh_5-1698739692246.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,799 Views)

ElisTh, the log file image suggests that the installer that we are wrapping is the same as this download from Microsoft: Download the WebView2 Runtime. You might be able to manually install it first to bypass the error that is occurring when we try to install it.

The last image shows a failure to access the NIPM feed from ni.com. Is there any reason to expect that your system cannot connect to ni.com during this installation transaction?

What are you attempting to install and how are you attempting to install it? Are you downloading a small installer from ni.com which runs NIPM and attempts to download more packages or are you installing from the Browse Products tab of NI Package Manager? 

If you download the Offline version of an installer from ni.com, the ISO file when mounted will have all the required package files that 

The middle image suggests that NI Package Manager failed to find a required package. This is likely a one-off error so you should try again.

I am still interested in understanding what security services are running on the system in question?

You could also collect and share the log files created during these failure that are under the %localappdata%\National Instruments\NI Package Manager\ directories, which might give some insight to these failures.

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,765 Views)