From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI Linux Real-Time Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quick software restart

what is the correct way to restart an executable RT without rebooting the OS.

I want to minimize startup time.

I have watchdog but, if necessary, i need to manually  restart.

35second of boot time are high for me.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,181 Views)

You can actually just kill lvrt, which will then restart itself: i.e. "killall lvrt" from the shell. I do that all the time during development/debugging. Probably not practical for a deployed scenario though. When to you need to do this?

Note that if you have a deployed startup app (sounds like you do) lvrt will stop restarting itself after a couple rounds of this, on the theory that something is wrong with your app and you want to connect from the IDE to debug it. You can disable that behavior by setting YouOnlyLiveTwice to FALSE in /etc/natinst/share/ni-rt.ini's [Startup] section (which may not exist so you may have to add it). Disclaimer, this is an internal/debug setting that may move, change, etc. in the future without notice.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,615 Views)

Hello,

I would to make a script in order to have on desktop an ICON, this icon have to be a link (Virtual or HW) to the NI Startup Script.

In this way I can leave the possibility to manually re-start up the system.

Is this solution possible?
Where can I find the script? How can I implement it?

Thank you in advance.

Carmine

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,615 Views)

@ScotSalmon wrote:

...You can disable that behavior by setting YouOnlyLiveTwice to FALSE in /etc/natinst/share/ni-rt.ini's [Startup] section (which may not exist so you may have to add it). Disclaimer, this is an internal/debug setting that may move, change, etc. in the future without notice.

I think I can confirm this key is no longer working, as per my testing today. LabVIEW 2022, cRIO LinuxRT 2022.

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(579 Views)