NI Linux Real-Time Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO-9068 (Linux RT) ftp problem

Hi,

I have used the following very simple code for ftp-ing stuff on VxWorks and Pharlap cRIOs for a long time:

ScreenHunter_03 May. 21 15.45.gif

Now I am experiencing problems while trying to use the same code with cRIO-9068. Actually I don't get any error but file doesnt get ftp-ed.

I have installed FTP server on cRIO as described in KB:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/A9CC22F64DE9490186257B8D006A6C18

I have also noticed that I cannot connect to cRIO over ftp from Total Commander, but ftp from windows explorer works...

Any idea what might be a problem?!

Thanks for your help,

Regards

Franjo

Veski

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,651 Views)

The FTP server on the NI Linux RT targets only supports anonymous logins. The NI-FTP server (what exists on Pharlap and VxWorks) was not ported to run on NI Linux RT targets.

NI recommends using WebDAV for file transport to RT targets in modern releases (2013 onward) of LabVIEW RT.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,390 Views)

Hi,

I am using "anonymous"  user for login but it doesnt work. I do not get an error but file doesnt get copied either.

I am attaching simple test code:

ftp test.png

LV RT 2014 is running on cRIO-9068 but due to application backward compatibility on PCs we still use LV 2011 SP1. That is main reason why we need to stick to ftp!

Thanks,

Regards

Franjo

Veski

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,390 Views)

Franjo,

This seems to be an issue completely within the normal use of LabVIEW RT, thus it is better served in the normal forums (ni.com/forums). The community forums are focused more on working with these targets with additional open-source software. I'd recommend working with the NI folks who work on the standard forums as they are more atuned to these sorts of issues.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,390 Views)

I have posted the problem here as it appeares only when using ftp with Linux RT cRIOs and when using all other cRIOs I do not experience that issue...

Thanks,

Regards

Franjo

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,390 Views)

Hey Franjo,

Although the problem you're running into is only on our NI Linux RT controllers, it is a problem with a feature that we provide with our products. As such, the Applications Engineers are the appropriate team to provide support for you on this problem. As Brad mentioned, this community is focused on open-source software that is not provided with our shipping software (LabVIEW Real-Time, LabVIEW, LabVIEW FPGA, etc).

www.ni.com/support is a great starting point to engage with our technical support. You will find a couple of different options there. Also, the specific LabVIEW Real-Time discussion forums, is an appropriate place if you want to continue forum-style assistance.

Best regards,

Tim A.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,390 Views)

OK, my mistake, I have sent an email to my local tech support team.

If I understand properly, I should write again on this forum when I find time to debug MySQL table corruption problems on Linux RT cRIOs after power loss...

Thanks,

Regards

Franjo

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,390 Views)