NI Linux Real-Time Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble compiling C code into a shared lib as gcc prefix is not used for all files ressources path

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to compile C code into a shared lib to call it from the Labview 2014 RT OS.

I'm using Eclipse 2014 for that purpose.

I've created an eclipse project to build a shared library and I'm trying to solve the dependcies issues.

As I'm requesting a build, source stored in a specific folder are successfully compiled with the following cmd :

arm-nilrt-linux-gnueabi-gcc -ID:\folder.... -O0 -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -o firmware\xx.o ..\..\..\..\apps\firmware\xx.c 

but other file ressources stored at another location failed to compile as the "gcc" prefix is missing

gcc -ID:\folder ....  -O0 -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -o common\yy.o ..\..\..\..\libs\kit\src\common\yy.c 

and I receive the error message : Internal Builder: Cannot run program "gcc": Launching failed

Does anybody have the same behavior?

Is there a way to correct this ?

Thanks in advance for any hints...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,509 Views)

Are all of these "file resources stored at another location" within the same overarching project, or are they separate projects (that are referenced by a larger, overarching project)? Does the project make use of an existing makefile, or do you allow Eclipse to make one automatically (based on project settings)?

Complete disclosure: I have not seen this issue, but I also have not created a sufficiently-complex Eclipse project, just basic ones, some of which will use the FPGA CAPI, but that's about as complex as I'll get with Eclipse, otherwise I'll just write a collection of Makefiles and use the toolchain directly (I don't necessarily recommend this, it's just what I feel more comfortable with).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,487 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SOT

In fact, I realized that there was a decoration on the icon of the folder causing compiling failures:

There was a wrench decoration indicating a non default configuration for that particular folder.

I'have resetted the default configuration to the properties of the folder and it starts using again the same compiling settings like any other source files ressources... ( I saw that compiling options disapeared in the .cproject, verifying the return to the default behavior).

I just don't explain how this unwated specific configuration option has been enabled.

Thank for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,479 Views)