From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI Linux Real-Time Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touchscreen Usage Discussion

Hmm, that's a shame that it's missing that fairly important tab. I can't make any solid promises, but if I get some time, I'll take a look into it.

Message 11 of 33
(3,101 Views)

Hey everyone,

I came across this post searching for out-of-the.box non-NI touchscreen monitor.

Unfortunately, the VT207N seems to be no longer in production.

Is anyone aware of any other touchscreen monitor that is supported out of the box by the cRIO (we have the cRIO-9039 in use)?

Thanks!

Best regards

Niels Göran

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 33
(3,101 Views)

Niels,

The only monitor types that I've consistently seen people have issues with are ones that have the eGalax touch controller(s). The few consumer-oriented displays, as well as the NI-branded ones have not had issues.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 33
(3,101 Views)

Hey,

Thank you for your reply!

Could give me an example of a touch screen monitor that does not use the eGalaxy controller?

I haven't found infos on what controllers the displays user for most of the ones I looked at.

Thanks!

Best regards

Niels Göran

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 33
(3,101 Views)

This is where it becomes fairly tricky as the touchscreen controller is not really something that manufacturers will put in the specifications for the display. You can check with the manufacturer directly, however the majority of the displays that use this controller tend to be industrial-type of touchscreen displays.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 33
(3,101 Views)

We are using the cRIO 9035 with the 17" Spectra PowerTwin M17C monitor (capacitive touch). This monitor has a display port in, so using that, and the touch function over USB.

https://www.spectra.ch/files/produkte/KA004951/web/spectra/Datenblatt-Spectra-PowerTwin-Serie.pdf

I works right out of the box.

Message 16 of 33
(3,101 Views)

Nice to hear that.

I am going to look on the specs of these touch monitors, although it is very likely that they should not differ so much.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 33
(3,101 Views)

Hi,

Does anyone know if monitors which utilize ELO touchscreen controllers are "out of the box" compatible with Linux cRIOs ?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 33
(3,053 Views)

Did you have a particular model in mind? If not, at least USB or serial?

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 33
(3,051 Views)

Hi BradM,

I was looking at a Hope Industrial Systems model: HIS-ML22, a 22" wide screen,  It supports both USB and RS232 for the touch screen interface.  I like Hope monitors for the fact that they offer a variety of different sizes and mounting options.

http://www.hopeindustrial.com

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 33
(3,037 Views)