NI Linux Real-Time Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Targetting Raspberry PI

rolfk wrote:

And a CLR/Java approach for LabVIEW unfortunately isn't a very feasable task. CLR/Java works reasonably well for UI only applications but breaks fatally when you need to access underlaying hardware in a different way than what the runtime developer had envisioned.

Not to mention the sort of (unpredictable) latency impact garbage-collecting would have on our embedded RT targets. Excellent writeup, thanks rolfk

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 33
(4,070 Views)

Hi all,

Since the Raspberry pi 2 has a armV7 processor , yet im wondering is it able to run Labwindows cvi, using raspbian wheezy ?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 33
(4,070 Views)

Mahouachi wrote:

Hi all,

Since the Raspberry pi 2 has a armV7 processor , yet im wondering is it able to run Labwindows cvi, using raspbian wheezy ?

Thanks!

There's been no LabWindows CVI for ARMv7 NI targets, so this is fairly unlikely to happen. Especially when you already have Eclipse support that's already well-documented.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 33
(4,070 Views)

FYI: https://www.tsxperts.com/labviewforraspberrypi/

Obviously won't be full stack.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 33
(4,071 Views)

I see, Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 33
(4,071 Views)

We just released LINX 3.0 which adds the ability to deploy LabVIEW code to run on BeagleBone Black and Raspberry Pi 2 and 3 for non-commercial use.  The process of developing LabVIEW applications for BeagleBone Black and Raspberry Pi is almost identical to other LabVIEW targets like myRIO and cRIO.  Add a LINX device to your LabVIEW project, create a VI under the target and click run!

We've also updated LabVIEW Home edition to include a license for Application Builder to enable users to build executables with LabVIEW Home.  If you've already purchased LabVIEW Home your existing serial number will now activate Application Builder.

For more information join us at LabVIEW MakerHub to get started and share your projects.

-Ken

Message 26 of 33
(4,069 Views)

Great news, thanks a lot!

And what about commercial usage? Is it allowed and under what conditions?

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 33
(4,069 Views)

Hi Ken, hi everybody !

Thanks for the info. The release of Linx is great. I understand we can deploy LV code on a Raspberry PI 3 however I can't see if it's possible and how to have the front panel on the small touch screen linked to it.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/the-eagerly-awaited-raspberry-pi-display/

Any leads on this ? That would be great for home made applications.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 33
(4,069 Views)

Hi Andreev,

LINX 3.0 is licensed for non-commercial use.  It's mainly targeted at academic and hobbyist (maker) usage.

If you have any other questions or comments I'd encourage you to head over to the LabVIEW Makerhub Forums where we have an active community devoted to LINX.

Regards,

Ken

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 33
(4,069 Views)

Hi dwdwdw,

We currently don't support local front panels (UI on a connected display) for Raspberry Pi and BeagleBone Black.  In that respect they are very similar to our other ARM-based targets like myRIO and cRIO-9068.  I agree it's a really good idea though.

If you have any other questions or comments I'd encourage you to head over to the LabVIEW Makerhub Forums where we have an active community devoted to LINX.

Regards,

Ken

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 33
(4,069 Views)