NI Linux Real-Time Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install 3rd party driver on NI Linux RT

The goal is to display our own device in the NI MAX (Measurement & Automation Explorer).

I have successfully built the driver and installed it on the target (insmod .ko).

Now comes the next step: Connecting the driver to the NI-software via my interface-library (.so)

I am not familiar with the NI software environment and I haven't found a recipe how to do this.
Can someone give me some guidance?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,590 Views)

Hello habae,

The only instructions that I am aware of only apply to PXI(e)/PCI(e) and USB drivers that use NI-VISA (Using the NI-VISA Driver Wizard and NI-VISA to Develop a PXI(e)/PCI(e) Driver in Windows). The driver would need to be based on NI-VISA to work with this tool. I am not aware of any other way for users to add their 3rd party driver to NI-MAX. 

Thanks,

Andy

Product Support Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,567 Views)

in .inf file that create with ni visa wizard :
;==================================================================

This file was generated using: ; NI-VISA Driver Development Wizard version 19.0. ; ; See the NI-VISA Readme for a list of supported Operating Systems. ; ; This Setup Information File contains the information NI-VISA needs in ; order to access your instrument. Do not modify the contents of this file ; unless you are sure about what you are doing. ; ;==================================================================

Windows 10 Installation: ; To apply the contents of this file to a system's settings, a catalog file ; must be generated and signed using either a personal certificate or a ; certificate obtained from a Certificate Authority (CA). For detailed ; instructions on how to install your INF on Windows 10, visit ; http://ni.com/info and enter the Info Code INFWin8. ; ; Removal: ; At installation, Windows copies the file into the %SystemRoot%\inf ; directory using the alternate filename oem##.inf. You may have ; to search all the files to find the one from which this is copied. ; Remove that file and its associated .pnf file (if it exists) from ; %SystemRoot%\inf. Either reboot the computer, or perform a ; "Scan for hardware changes" from the Windows Device Manager. ; ===================================================================

Linux Desktop and NI Linux RT Installation: ; To apply the contents of this file to a system's settings, copy this file ; to "/etc/nipal/devinit.d" and reboot the computer. ; ; Removal: ; Remove this file from "/etc/nipal/devinit.d" and reboot the computer. ; ;==================================================================

so we can do this with Linux Desktop and NI Linux RT Installation .
I test this way but i can not do that. 😕

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,263 Views)

Please see this article for relevant instructions for NI Linux Real-Time PXI targetsDetect Third Party cPCI Modules in Linux 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,742 Views)