NI Linux Real-Time Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install Open SSL on RIO

bienieck wrote:

So libeay32.dll and nilibeay32.dll are funcionally the same?

libeay32.so and nilibeay32.dll are funcionally the same, on NI Linux RT and Windows respectiveley (x86 and x64).

bienieck wrote:

does the extentions (.so/.dll) make difference during code deployment on MyRIO?

I *beleive* LabVIEW's CLFN can autoamtically adjust file extensions in code developed on one system but deployed to another, so it could load libeay32.so when asked for libeay32.dll on NILRT. However, I've never seen Encryption Compendium's source to know exaclty how it attempts to load OpenSSL. I suggest contacting the maintainer (lvs-tools) if it still doesn't work with SSL Support installed (from MAX).

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(1,219 Views)

Haris_Okanovic wrote:

bienieck wrote:

does the extentions (.so/.dll) make difference during code deployment on MyRIO?

I *beleive* LabVIEW's CLFN can autoamtically adjust file extensions in code developed on one system but deployed to another, so it could load libeay32.so when asked for libeay32.dll on NILRT.

Yes, that's right. The CLFN will convert eay32.* to eay32.dll on Windows, and on Linux it will try eay32.so and libeay32.so, so if you use libeay32.*, it will convert to libeay32.dll on Windows and try libeay32.so and liblibeay32.so on Linux.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(1,219 Views)

The Encryption Compendium for LabVIEW (ECL) works and has been tested on Linux (and Mac) but has not been tested on RT platforms. You need to get hold of the OpenSSH binary for SSH to work but SSL and encryption just need symlinks in the library directory to point to the *.so files. The only reason Linux and Mac are no longer offered (they used to be) is because the Thrid Party License and Activation Toolkit is windows only..

I didn't say any of that and you can't quote me

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(1,219 Views)