NI Linux Real-Time Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Available font names in Linux

Hello,

I am trying to make my UI look pretty on my cRIO-9030. The UI looks different on my development environment, Windows 7, than the Linux OS on the cRIO. The biggest issue are the fonts.

I will have to change my fonts, run my program, and see how it looks on the cRIO. Then abort it, change them and start again. I would like to make a very basic UI with a control wired to the Numeric Text.Font Property Node as seen in the image below

Numeric Text Font.png

It is difficult to check which font looks best since the Font Name in that cluster is a string as seen below. Has anyone written code to create a combo box with available fonts? I read this discussion it seems that there will be a file to read that has all the fonts that are supported by Linux on the machine. Is that true? If so what is that file? Has anyone done this already?

Numeric Text Font FP.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,801 Views)

I found out that the command fc-list can give the fonts available on the target. So I made a quick code as seen below

fc list.png

The green sub.vi is OpenG's remove duplicate, since a lot of the fonts are repeated but with additions like bold, italic, and one says oblique. I don't know what that one means yet.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,194 Views)

one says oblique. I don't know what that one means yet.

In case you're still curious, oblique is another way of saying italic, more or less (actual typographers are aiming their needle-sharp pens at me right now). See http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1680624/font-style-italic-vs-oblique-in-css for some details.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,194 Views)