From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI Labs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to LabVIEW UI Automation Tool

Description:

The LabVIEW UI Automation Tool is an application that allows one to record actions, replay actions and validate properties of UI elements of a LabVIEW project. This tool can be typically used for testing VI based UI automatically.

Software Requirements:

Software: LabVIEW 2012 or later (not a requirement to install, but to use this tool)

Please feel free to ask questions here.

Known Issues:

• This tool is limited to Windows OS, due to some windows APIs called in the application.
  • LabVIEW UI Automation Tool only covers common used events like:
    • "value change" events for most controls.
    • "mouse click" event for switch controls/checkbox/radio button.
    • "plot attributes change"/"mouse move" events for waveform/wavechart controls.
    • "Item open/close" events for tree control.
  • One/Two button dialogs of LabVIEW are not supported. So if this kind of dialogs popup, this tool cannot handle it well.
  • Other unfound issues will be updated here.

Thanks,

Jun Cao

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(16,468 Views)

It seems that this tool is advertised as a convenient way to perform UI validation.  Do you think it could alternatively be used as a rudimentary way to record and then playback macros, as in simple scripting?

~Tim
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(9,561 Views)

Hi, TimVargo, thanks for your attention. This tool is developed with the functions of recording/replaying(playback), which are similiar with macros. Some colleague also mentioned that this tool shoud provide APIs for recording/replaying, which he could embed in his G code. However, the APIs are not avaliable currently. This is a good proposal. BTW, the installer of this tool is in uploading. Welcome to evaluate and give your feedback here by then.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(9,561 Views)

Hi All,

I am using UI Automation Tool extensively for automating my VIs, I have sub panels in my VI and I am not able to record or replay the actions on a sub panel using UI Automation Tool I could understand that it is not having a unique FP window number. I am also facing some issues in recording the button dialogs and file dialog Express VI pop up, I would like to know if there is some solution for these problems or is there any upgraded version of the tool in which these problems are rectified.

Thanks in Advance,

Sree

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(9,561 Views)

Sorry. The sub panels/button dialog/Express VI pop up dialogs are not supported currently. Please take reference to the known issues mentioned in this post.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(9,561 Views)

Hi,

We are trying to use your tool for automating our GUI, is it ok to share the source code with us so that we can try to fix the problems in it and use it.

Looking forward for reply,

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(9,561 Views)

I am trying to open the UI Automation Tool in LabVIEW 2013 SP1, and as soon as I launch it it starts a mass compile that seems to be stuck in an endless loop.  So far, I can't get out of it and I can't use this tool.  Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(9,561 Views)

Same problem here.

I am trying to open the UI Automation Tool in LabVIEW 2014 SP1, and as soon as I launch it it starts a mass compile that seems to be stuck in an endless loop.  So far, I can't get out of it and I can't use this tool.  Any thoughts?

I stopped it and did a manual mass compile once and tried to launch the tool. But it again starts its endless mass compile loop. Any solution?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(9,561 Views)

Hi,

Is this project still supported, and if not can you please release the source code for use?   🙂

I too am getting the endless loop of compiling or something. 

thanks

-------
Mark Ramsdale
-------
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(9,561 Views)

Hi,

I also had the same problem (endless loop), ran as Admin and the problem was solved. Give it a try.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(9,561 Views)