NI Labs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI System Configuration API

Please provide any comments and feedback for the NI System Configuration API in this thread.

Justin E
National Instruments R&D
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 96
(41,620 Views)

Hi Justin. I'm trying to use NI System Configuration API to do my own "Remote Configuration Utility" but I find some troubles.

For Example the "Find" VI can't find any RIO that disconnected and then reconnected like the "RT Get Target Information VI" do.

When I run the VI I attach, It find all the systems in my local network. If any of these system is turn off, it disappear from the lists returned in the front panel. When I turn on again that system it does not reappear on the "detected systems" list but reappear on the "target information" indicator.

SysConf.png

So, what I shall do? Wait the further version of NI System Configuration API or continue using the RT Get Target Information VI?

Thanks a lot

Daniele

D. Beninato
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 96
(10,537 Views)

Hey Daniele,

We've investigated into this and the issue should be resolved with the next release of System Configuration (due out in the next month or so).

Justin E
National Instruments R&D
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 96
(10,537 Views)

Hello,

I am trying to rename a Simulated DAQmx device from Dev2 to Dev1.  (My use case is a real daqmx device).

I get the folowing error when I try to do this.

Error -2147467263 occurred at nisyscfg.lvlib:Rename Alias.vi

I get this error even when using the example "Rename Alias"

Please Advise.

Thanks

Dan

Dan Shangraw, P.E.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 96
(10,537 Views)

That error code is "Not implemented".  What it means is that the version of DAQmx you are using does not implement the Rename functionality.  It was introduced in DAQmx 9.2 if I recall correctly, so try updating to that version and it should work.

Dan Mondrik

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 96
(10,537 Views)

Yep,

You were right.  Upgraded to Daqmx 9.2 and it worked!

Thanks

Dan Shangraw, P.E.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 96
(10,537 Views)

Using the new API, is there anyway to poll for deployment status (progress and current file name).  I like the new api but would like to preserve the original ability to

provide more detailed transfer status.

Message 7 of 96
(10,537 Views)

Not really, but that is something we can try to add in the future.

Message 8 of 96
(10,537 Views)

What is the difference between using the API to deploy a configuration to a cRIO and using standard FTP transfer.

Also what is the significance of rebooting into install mode prior to transfer.  Also can you apply network parameters

while in install mode?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 96
(10,537 Views)

The NI System Configuration API uses an industry standard FTP implementation known as cURL were as the standard FTP transfer in LV is built in pure G.  The API implementation allows us to use the same code in MAX, the Installation Wizard, and the NI System Configuration C and LV API.

Booting the system into install or safe mode ensures the minimal NI software is running (databases are not loaded) and the customer's application is stopped.  This helps prevent crashes while the files are being replaced.  Yes, you should be able to apply network parameters while in install or safe mode.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 96
(10,537 Views)