Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why ewbcore.msi is needed again and again?

Solved!
Go to solution

I am a user of Circuit Design Suite 10.1.

When I open Internet by Maxthon or apply some certain software, Circuit Design Suite always check installation and need ~:\National Instruments Downloads\NI Circuit Design Suite\10.1\Parts\ewbcore\ewbcore.msi. If I do following, however, once I optimize my computer system or use some software, this file is still needed again.

I feel disagreeable, how do?

帖子被Fangel在 01-13-2009 01:54 AM
时编辑过了
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(9,595 Views)

Hello,

What's your operating system? If you don't open Maxthon, do you still get the error?  What happens when you launch Multisim?

In Multisim go to Help>>About Multisim, what's your version?

Regards,

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(9,544 Views)

My operating system is Windows XP professional SP2, Simplified Chinese version.

The version of Multisim is 10.1(10.1.197).

If I don’t apply optimization software or delete corresponding files, “ewbcore.msi” is NOT needed. But…

I find that an instance can easily excite installation. After deleting “National Instruments” in “C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents”, When I go to or go on download any files in Maxthon, my computer need “ewbcore.msi”. In fact, other software might spring installation of “ewbcore.msi”.

When I open Multisim 10.1, “ewbcore.msi” is always needed to install. But, if I continue press cancel to jump this installation, Multisim 10.1 is still run OK.

It’s noticeable that Q282010.log is created in “C:\WINDOWS”

The following is the content of Q282010.log:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Service Pack started with following command line: -q*** Setup cannot update your Windows XP files because the languageinstalled on your system is different from the update language.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This log is created when “ewbcore.msi” is installed.

Please tell me how to abolish this check of installation, it likely that the check is not necessary.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(9,494 Views)

I never find this problem in Circuit Design Suite 10.0.

How I upload my picture?

帖子被Fangel在 01-19-2009 10:00 PM
时编辑过了
帖子被Fangel在 01-19-2009 10:06 PM
时编辑过了
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(9,491 Views)
no answer?I need it.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(9,273 Views)

You mentioned you are deleting files in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\National Instruments\. This directory contains files that are a part of Multisim, but are writeable by everyone (which is why they are not located in C:\Program Files). Your installation is automatically validated when Multisim runs, and it finds that these files are missing, so it tried to reinstall the files. This is part of Microsoft Installer technology that is used to install Circuit Design Suite, so there is no way around this, other than to not delete the files.

You would not find this problem in Circuit Design Suite 10.0 because these files were moved in 10.1 for improved Windows Vist compatibility.

Garret
Senior Software Developer
National Instruments
Circuit Design Community and Blog

If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved or give a kudo. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(9,250 Views)

I appreciate your answer; I know that the validation of installation is very helpful while running Multisim. However, not only Multisim but other software (e.g. Maxthon) may excite this installation of ewbcore.msi. I don’t favor it.

Please tell me how to modify the Registry or others in order not to excite this installation while running the other software.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(9,246 Views)

Unfortunately, I do not know the answer to your question. It is Windows that performs this check, not Multisim. I suggest that you post your question on an appropriate Windows forum, instead of here. You are more likely to find someone there who knows the answer to your question.

Garret
Senior Software Developer
National Instruments
Circuit Design Community and Blog

If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved or give a kudo. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(9,234 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Fangel

Despite not solving this problemyet you have found and explained it’s reason, I hope NI to regard it, Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(9,230 Views)