From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

on a layer not allowed by settings

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a board with dozens of the following errors reported by DRC:

The object "Trace width (nn.nnn mil) Layer (Copper Bottom) Clearance (n.nnnn mil) Net (3P3V)" is on a layer not allowed by the net settings

and

The object "Trace width (nn.nnn mil) Layer (Copper Bottom) Clearance (n.nnnn mil) Net (GND)" is on a layer not allowed by the net settings

It is a two layer board. Is the program trying to tell me I can't route power and ground on the bottim layer? That would be insane!

Cab anyone explain this? I have found nothing in the documentation.

What are the "net settings" and where can they be found? How can they be changed?

Phil

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,251 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DrPR

Hi Phil,

The Net Settings can be changed in the spreadsheet view or under Tools>Netlist Editor

The error doesn't mean you can't route power and ground on the top and bottom layer.

Please check the Routing Layers and Trace Width columns  in the spreadsheet view under the Nets tab to make sure the traces you routed are complying with the defined settings.

Mahmoud W

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,245 Views)

Thanks,

That problemmis solved.

Phil

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,238 Views)