From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mirror pcb layout

Hello to everyone!
I have already made my PCB design and I already submit my design to the production house. As I discuss with my production house incharge, one of there requirements is to provide them with a COMBO type of PCB layout setup since my layout board is so small and to save cost. COMBO setup is a combination of two or more design boards in one dummy board. The second  board is just a mirror of the original board design. I just want to ask if it possible to mirror/ flip the design PCB layout without affecting the traces.
Your reply is greatly appreciated.

Keep posted,
grebayno
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,822 Views)
When you set up the properties for exporting Gerber files in Ultiboard you have the option to create a reflection file. So, you will need two files, one that is exported normally, which is the normal image of the board, and then export another set of files that will be exported with the Reflection check-box checked. Go to File >> Export... highlight the Gerber option (Gerber RS-274X) and click the Properties button. You will then see in the dialog a 'Reflection' option.
Your production house will need to panelize those two files together in order to create one printing. (e.g. CopperTopOriginal with CopperTopReflected, and so on...)
Nestor
Message 2 of 5
(5,822 Views)
Thank you very much Mr. Nestor! I really really appreciate your reply.
One last thing, Is it also applies to more than two (2) board in one panel board? The reason why I ask you this its because I want to make not just two (2) board in one panel board but a multiple copy of the two (2) board in one panel board.
Looking forward for your reply, I really do appreciate it.
Looking forward for replies to the members.

Thanks
grebayno
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,809 Views)

That is correct, panelizing is still not implemented in UB. If you create one design with multiple copies of a board, you will notice that the Reference Designators are unique... that is, if you have two boards in one design, U1 of the 1st board will be named U2 (for e.g.) in the 2nd board. You won't be able to have two U1's in the same design.

So, if you want to have more boards printed in the same board layout, talk to your board manufacturer so they can panelize your Gerber files.

Nestor
Message 4 of 5
(5,795 Views)
Thank you very much sir for your prompt reply. I really do appreciate it.
I will just took it from here, I will contact my board manufacturing for this matter.
Once again thanks.

Yours truly,
Grebayno
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,786 Views)