Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

l298 with multisim

I currently contructing an motor driver with L298 IC.However i cannot find the component in the library of multisim.So i contruct it my own. When i tested the IC. It pop up some error saying that there is unknown parameter Vcc. i already tried it in different way so many time. Hope that you guys can give me a hand. Can i do simulation on the component that i create according to the datasheet.
i already attached the schematic diagram below.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(15,480 Views)

I have looked at the picture of your circuit. It appears to me (if I am seeing this correctly) that at the point where you have Vcc tied in the label on the part says Vss. This may be mislabled on the IC symbol and could be what is causing your error. You could try changing the symbol labeling and see if that is what is actually causing the error or not.

Other than what I have observed from the photo I can't speculate as to what is happening without looking at your model file for the part in question.

Kittmaster's Component Database
http://ni.kittmaster.com

Have a Nice Day
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(15,470 Views)
Hi,

The image of the error message will not allow us to find the problem, is it possible for you to upload the circuit with all the codes for us to look at.

Tien

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(15,461 Views)
i just attached footprint,model and pin paramter image of the L298 IC that i constructed. This is because i do not know how to find the source code for that particular IC
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(15,450 Views)

Hi,

Every component you want to simulate needs a model and you don't have one.  Multisim is a SPICE simulator so go to the manufacturer website and see if the have one available for download.  If they don't have it, you have to build an equivalent circuit using parts available from the Multisim database.

Tien

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(15,434 Views)
i found L298 IC library file from other software...can i used it in multisim? Beside that, i had download some library file from the manufacturer which is STmicroelectronics. The library file is in OLB format. How am i going to change the format into multisim library. And how am i going to find it when i use multisim, i meant when i key ctrl+w...to call the library file..
thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(15,421 Views)

Hi,

The SPICE model is just a text file you should be able to open it with Notepad.  I am not sure what software will open the OLB file you downloaded but I don’t think it will have the model in there.

Tien

Tien P.

National Instruments
Message 7 of 11
(15,368 Views)

У вас собрана схема на рабочем столе в программе. Сохраните проект в формате "ms", и выложите его здесь. Мы получим исчерпывающую информацию, в том числе и SPICE MODEL of 
L298

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(1,052 Views)