From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use an oscilloscope to see how the voltage directly displays the maximum value

Use an oscilloscope to see how the voltage directly displays the maximum value?I can't click the peak and I think there's an error. Can I see the maximum voltage directly?10.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,447 Views)

Hi sryoreli,

You will not be able to place the mouse pointer and display the corresponding value just anywhere on a trace. This is because during simulation values are computed only at some intervals. The grapher connects the values for succeeding intervals so a trace appears continuous. When you place the mouse pointer over a trace, displaying of values jumps to intervals where there are stored computations so there is a perception of jerky control of mouse movement.

You can increase the number of intervals by decreasing the value of Time step. You can find Maximum time step and Initial time step from Simulation settings in Configuration pane. This, on the other hand, slows down the simulation.

An alternative is to try if Cursors can help you obtain your desired measurement.

The image below shows the Grapher Window and how cursors (Y Axis type) were used for measuring the ripple voltage after a Transient Simulation run in a Bridge Full Wave Rectifier AC To DC Converter. Cursor C2 measures the maximum voltage at the output while C1 measures the minimum. The measured values are at the bottom of the window, ΔY is the difference between C2 and C1.

GGoodwin_1-1634862919082.png

In your case you need to utilize only one these cursors.

Best regards,

G. Goodwin

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,405 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,386 Views)

-можно посмотреть значения любых точек осциллограмм с помощью курсоров, как на картинке:

tipa_0-1634971589527.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,371 Views)

i mean multisim live not this

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,368 Views)

OK

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,351 Views)