Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to establish OLE connection.

Hello,
I'm having a problem trying to open a SPICE netlist.  I keep getting the error: 

Filename C:\path_to_file\test.cir
Unable to establish OLE connection.

I'm using Multisim 10 from the Student Suite on Windows XP Service Pack 2.

Thanks,
Melissa
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(6,818 Views)
Ok, a little more info.  The error message appears while trying to import a netlist (*.cir) file.  The version of Multisim I have is 10.0.175 Student Edition.

I suppose this isn't a big deal, but I'd like to know why this isn't working.

OS is Windows XP SP2 running in Bootcamp on a Macbook Pro.

Thanks,
Melissa
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(6,787 Views)
Can you attach the file?... place it inside a ZIP compressed file and attach it, in that way we can test it out.
Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(6,778 Views)
Thanks for the reply.  I'll have to wait until later today, I don't have my laptop with me.  The netlist was just a simple circuit with a dc voltage source and a resistor copied directly from my Professor's notes.  I will attach the file and a screenshot of the error when I get home this evening.

Thanks for your help,
Melissa
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(6,767 Views)
Here are the requested files.  The voltage source is actually a pwl source.  It works perfectly in Cadence PSPICE and if I draw the schematic in Multisim.

Thanks,
Melissa
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(6,755 Views)
Dear all,
I know that this problem rise up for all the examples of Sedra Smith Microelectrinics Circuits ed. 5
on a PC with windows XP SP2 and Multisim 10.0.175.

I hope it can help.

Max

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(6,744 Views)
Hi, can any of you please tell me (I know is build 10.0.175) what version you have?... Multisim 10 Student Edition... Education or Pro? Is this the evaluation from the web? Please let me know, we are trying to identify the exact version that causes it... we have made several tests based on this post and from 10 different installations only one has showed the same problem...
Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(6,741 Views)
From the About dialog box:

Multisim Student Edition
Version 10.0.175

Hope this helps,
Melissa
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(6,735 Views)

I know the version is evaluation.

I hope it can helps.

Max

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(6,731 Views)
I am running the identical version of Multisim (10.0.175) and I am receiving the same error.  My environment is also WinXP SP2.

Any more news on this issue?
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(6,603 Views)