Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Single "POTENTIOMETER_RATED" in One Ultiboard Package

I have design requiring the use of a dual potentiometer in both Multisim and Ultiboard.

In Multisim its quite easy to simulate the operation of a dual potentiometer. The same keyboard key can be used for changing the values of each "POTENTIOMETER_RATED" at the same time. Transferring the design to Ultiboard, there are several dual potentiometer packages but I can only put one "POTENTIOMETER_RATED" in each dual potentiometer package. Am I missing something here, or is there a way to do this?

I have also tried to make a new component with multi sections using the spice model from the "POTENTIOMETER_RATED" but get an error regarding the number of pins in the model not being the same as the number of pins in the package.

The initial data I enter is correct; 2 sections, number of pins in each section: 3 and total pins: 6. I obviously need to edit the model data but have had no success to date.

If anyone can shed some light, I would much appreciate it. I've attached the copied

"POTENTIOMETER_RATED" model for reference.

Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,076 Views)

Just to correct myself; the error message I get is:-

"If there are more model pins than component symbol pins, this component will not simulate properly. Model pins 5, Component Symbol pins 3.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,064 Views)

Hi!

I did some research about this and found this article that may come in handy. As well, here I leave the SPICE  fundamentals. 

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,027 Views)

@C+273.15  ha escrito:

Hi!

I did some research about this and found this article that may come in handy. As well, here I leave the SPICE  fundamentals. 

Have a great day!

Many Thanks for the kind input. Hopefully there will be an addition to the NI software to include a Dual Pot for simulation that can be linked to the various Dual Pot footprints already available in the NI suite.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,969 Views)

HI!

Normally, if you are creating a SPICE model, it is independent from the software, hence, the component in question will not depend of the suite you use. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,952 Views)