From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Single "POTENTIOMETER_RATED" in One Ultiboard Package

I have design requiring the use of a dual potentiometer in both Multisim and Ultiboard.

In Multisim its quite easy to simulate the operation of a dual potentiometer. The same keyboard key can be used for changing the values of each "POTENTIOMETER_RATED" at the same time. Transferring the design to Ultiboard, there are several dual potentiometer packages but I can only put one "POTENTIOMETER_RATED" in each dual potentiometer package. Am I missing something here, or is there a way to do this?

I have also tried to make a new component with multi sections using the spice model from the "POTENTIOMETER_RATED" but get an error regarding the number of pins in the model not being the same as the number of pins in the package.

The initial data I enter is correct; 2 sections, number of pins in each section: 3 and total pins: 6. I obviously need to edit the model data but have had no success to date.

If anyone can shed some light, I would much appreciate it. I've attached the copied

"POTENTIOMETER_RATED" model for reference.

Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,112 Views)

Just to correct myself; the error message I get is:-

"If there are more model pins than component symbol pins, this component will not simulate properly. Model pins 5, Component Symbol pins 3.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,100 Views)

Hi!

I did some research about this and found this article that may come in handy. As well, here I leave the SPICE  fundamentals. 

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,063 Views)

@C+273.15  ha escrito:

Hi!

I did some research about this and found this article that may come in handy. As well, here I leave the SPICE  fundamentals. 

Have a great day!

Many Thanks for the kind input. Hopefully there will be an addition to the NI software to include a Dual Pot for simulation that can be linked to the various Dual Pot footprints already available in the NI suite.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,005 Views)

HI!

Normally, if you are creating a SPICE model, it is independent from the software, hence, the component in question will not depend of the suite you use. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,988 Views)