Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIC and ATMEL library

The microcontroller library for Multisim is very limited. Are there any PIC18 or ATMEL libraries available that I can download? I only need these for  schematic capture & pcb layout, no simulation at all.

I am aware that I can create custom parts in Multisim and link it to a footprint in Ultiboard, but I am trying to support a large number of users (students & faculty) who will be using Multisim/Ultiboard for their projects and they may be using a variety of parts. Also, most of these users will not be familiar enough with Multisim/Ultiboard to create their own custom parts (i.e. they are new to the software).

Thanks.
Message 1 of 11
(53,696 Views)
There are limitations to NI Multisim/Ultiboard, but I am using it as an educational tool for technical education. It is one of the best packages available for its price/features. I just wish that the library for schematic capture/pcb layout is more comprehensive. Not every circuit needs to be simulated & it doesn't make sense to learn another EDA software just for that purpose when I am already using Multisim.

Multisim Development team at NI - can you provide a more comprehensive component library (esp MCUs, CPU, memory devices), just for schematic capture & pcb layout? Perhaps you might want to support a community site where users can post library parts that they have created for sharing?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(53,678 Views)

Have you tried looking in the Master Database under MISC DIGTAL. I know that my Power Pro edition has some Microprocessors and Pics just for layout only (not for simulation). It may be that your version doesn't have this or if it does the parts you need may still not be there.

I hope this helps some.

Kittmaster's Component Database
http://ni.kittmaster.com

Have a Nice Day
Message 3 of 11
(53,663 Views)
I've had a look at the Pro version of Multisim - there are a number of MCU & microprocessor parts like you mentioned (thanks). I'm using the Educational version, so the parts are a lot less (i.e. no additional MCU/CPU parts available)....

Also, the MCU/CPU parts in the Pro version seems to be quite dated; many of the newer MCUs that have been introduced over the past 3-4 years (at least for PIC) are not available in the library.

Message to NI: can you please try to do something about it?

Thanks & have a nice day.
Message 4 of 11
(53,643 Views)

Under master data base/MCU Module you can only find 8051,8052 for ATMEL and PIC16F84,PIC16F84 for Microchip PIC

It have not any ATMEL AVR (such as mega , tiny , can , ... family) and other PIC micro.

I say again, you can download proteus program that is work similar to NI multisim and it have more MCU and other components.

original souce of proteus is in this site  http://www.labcenter.co.uk/

but you can search proteus 7.2 and download it free with patch or cracks in this site: www.4shared.com

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(53,617 Views)

support

instead of improving minor changes, we are suggesting NI to improve libarry component, MCU and so on for the next version of multisim.

so we are feel that taking good care of their customer and we feel worth to purchase or upgrading the product

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(34,052 Views)

Can you provide the exact device families you'd like to see (there are quite a few different flavors to choose from) and we can work on getting a few series into the product or into a separate DB download that can be merged.   I have a guess on what MCU type(s) we could do or which families would help, but I'd rather do ones the users request (Note we could also do this work outside of R&D and post to the community pages).

Please let us know what your preferences / favorites are...

Thanks!

Regards,

Pat N

Message 7 of 11
(33,996 Views)

We want Atmel Arduino series components Pro; Pro mini ; UnoR3 version boards. Easy to complex coding possible in simple C programming software  which would produce a hex file after compiling. We want to join this hex file to MCU in Multisim. Only and necessary missing component in Multisim.( Package wise )

Message 8 of 11
(14,774 Views)

Pic16f877a and pic16f877 Please add them I'll be grateful

Message 9 of 11
(10,433 Views)

Hello,

I'd like access to your component database. I'm an electrical engineering student  learning to design pcb.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(10,200 Views)