From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multisim Live how to move text, (ID and Values)

1) When using a component, is it possible to selectively move the component ID  or it value.  They get in the way a lot and I'd just like to nudge them around.

2) When adding a wire, it automatically puts a net label.  Can this be disabled?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,019 Views)

Hi jweaver,

1) It seems like it's not possible to move the component ID or value selectively. If you click the ID or value the component symbol gets highlighted as well.

2) If you are referring to the automatic generation of node numbers, I don't know if it can be disabled though it seems it cannot be. However, they can be renamed and even hidden. In the attached screenshot, the highlighted wire was automatically given an ID of 2. It can be renamed from the configuration pane and can be hidden by unchecking Net labels in the Display section.

Multisim Live - Hiding Net labels.png

Best regards,

G. Goodwin

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,993 Views)

Thanks   G.Goodwin,  Yeah I'm aware of that, but it's less than ideal.  I wonder if the paid version has the ability to move the ID and Value tags around?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,981 Views)

I think Free and Premium subscriptions are the same when it comes to this matter.

There is no entry pertaining to this in Pricing and Tier Details.

Based on observation of public circuits created by Premium subscribers, it looks like component ID and Value cannot be moved independently from symbol.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,972 Views)