From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licence on tied to decommissioned computer

I purchased Multisim about a year ago but had computer problems that made it so I had to rebuild my PC.  I did not get to deactivate my license before the computer was rebuilt with new everything.  When I try to activate Multisim on my "new" computer (same copy of windows) I just get a red "!" where my serial number is.  How can I activate Multisim on my computer seeing my "old" computer is never coming back?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,372 Views)

You can use your serial number to activate up to three computers, if the other is not going to be used any more, you can activate three new, you need the SN.

Message 2 of 7
(2,347 Views)

Thank you.  However, I am currently trying to use my SN but it will not "take it".  I keep getting a red "!" next to the SN and cannot advance.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,344 Views)

My software is still not activating.  I ensured that I have the educational version installed and that I have the correct serial number typed in but still the software will not activate.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,324 Views)

I am still waiting on a fix for my license not working.  Considering I purchased this software this is getting kind of ridiculous since I can't contact customer service any other way...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,280 Views)

Hi Steven_First,

Is Multisim 14.1 the same version that you had activated on your previous computer? Are you confident that this serial number should be able to activate this version of Multisim?

Adena L.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,275 Views)

It looks like my original purchase was for 4.0  I will try to download that version.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,273 Views)