Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to create custom prz files?

I'm currently a student at DeVry working on one of my class projects.  For this project we're using some custome hardware, namely the Holtek HT6034/HT6014 Decoder/Encoder set, as well as the TLP434A/RLP434A Tx/Rx set from RSR Electronics.  Currently, Multisim doesn't have anything resembling these components for me to design the schematics for our project report and I was wondering if it's possible at all to create custom prz files to import for these components.  Any help is greatly appreciated...thanks.

/r,

- Justin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,251 Views)

Hi Raven2k360,

I am not exactly sure why you would need to create a customer prz file. It is possible to create custom components in Multisim. You will need to get the spice model for the components which can usually be found at the manufacturer's website. You can look at the tutorial in the attached link to create the component.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/circuit/blog/2011/04/06/component-creation-101

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Tayyab R,
National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,234 Views)

That link would be very helpful if I could actually get spice models for any of these components.  I've tried using Google and going directly to the manufacturer websites.  It appears that Holtek (and RSR) don't have spice models for any of their products.  Can a spice model be created by inputting data from the datasheet?

/r,

- Justin

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,222 Views)

Hi Raven2k360,

In Multisim, there is a model maker. When you are going throught the process of creating a new component, you will see on the window where you need to enter the spice model but the model maker has support only for a few basic components for which you can enter the values from the datasheet. The component you want to simulate is a very complex component and you will not be able to create the spice model for it using the model maker.

Generally, you would need to use LabVIEW to create such an instrument and then try to use it in Multisim but again it is not a simple task.

Regards,

Tayyab R,
National Instruments.
Message 4 of 4
(3,179 Views)