Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I create new model IR2101 It seems not working. I don't know what's wrong.

Hello
I download IR2101.lib and IR2101.olb from IR site, to use it in my circuit.
I create new model IR2101 with Component Wizard, put .lib instead .sir file.
It seems not working. I don't know what's wrong.
Here 2 files - IR2101.prz and ir2101_check.ms12.
I heed help. Take a look, pls.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,056 Views)

I recently tried to get a model of a slightly different gate driver working in SPICE.  I had a lot of convergence errors.  After some study I decided that the use of multiple switches in the model was creating discontinuities in the circuits which were driving the simulator crazy.

For my application a very faithful model of the driver was not too important so I created a model using voltage controlled voltage sources with resistors and capacitors to set input impedance and delay and output current limiting.  I also included the protective diodes from the IR model. This seems to work over a wide range of simulation times and parameter settings.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,045 Views)

Hi,

The problem was in the circuit. I was able to get the simulation to produce results by building the circuit from the datasheet which I think you were trying to follow.

One suggestion is to name the symbol pins because it makes it easier to connect. It is possible to have model pins in an order different that the symbol from the datasheet.

I have attached the modified circuit and the modified part.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Tayyab R,
National Instruments.
Download All
Message 3 of 4
(6,038 Views)

Hi,
After You pointed me the right way, I understand my mistake.
I hardly realised that the pin name in symbol editor also involved in simulation.
You know, your model ir2101_check MOD.ms12 worked right also without your IR2101.prz.
Notice! - work with my wrong model IR2101.prz ! It means that Multisim itself take the synbol pins not from its own database, but from the very scheme symbol !!! Amazing !!!
I also tryed to change the pins numbers, here the result ir2181.prz, it's work !, and try to chande the order in spice original model:
To : .SUBCKT IR2101 VCC HIN LIN com LO VS HO VB
here the result IR2101.prz.
it's also work !
But Your method the best anyway.
Thank You.
Alexas

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,030 Views)