Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Error during installation in Parallels

Solved!
Go to solution

Sorry if this question has been answered, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I'm attempting to install Circuit Design Suite 11.0 on my Mac using Parallels (Windows 7).  Whenever I try to run the setup file, it starts, but also gives me an error that reads:

"Fatal Error!!  Required NIPathsDir property CDS110DIR is undefined."

I can't seem to get past this step and I have tried googling everything related to this to no avail.  If anyone has multisim running on Parallels, could you impart some insight?

Thank you and let me know if you need any further information from me.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,993 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Maverik380

I have found the solution to this problem, in case anyone else has this issue in the future.  It seems that the issue was that I was sharing my Mac OS X folders with windows.  Apparently, if the folders inside of your Windows target a network folder, there are issues with installing multisim.  The fix is as follows: Click the red parallels button at the top right of the screen, go to Devices, Sharing, and then uncheck "Share Mac OS X folders with Windows".  Worked like a charm after that.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,982 Views)

Hii I am trying to install the multisim and ultiboard student edition .But the installer pops out an error saying" fatal error!! Required NIPathsDir property CDS110DIR is undefined.is there any available fix to this ??Please help me .....Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,606 Views)

Hi techguru,

Did you try the solution which is mentioned in the previous post. It should work.

Regards,

Tayyab R,
National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,579 Views)
Hii Tayyab, I am installing the multisim on windows 7 OS.But the solution given in the earlier post is for MAC i guess .Please help me Regards, Techguru
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,572 Views)
The problem I was having stemmed from the fact that my documents and home folders were pointing to a directory that the multisim installer could not access. You should check if your directories are somewhere like that.

Also, this is the wrong place to ask this question. This thread is about the error coming up while trying to install using parallels on a Mac. For best results you should find another thread that more closely resembles tour question or create your own.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,567 Views)
Hii Tayyab , Thanks, I ll see to resolve the issue . regards techguru
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,563 Views)