From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component Wizard - (Multi - section)

Hello,

I am trying to insert new component database AD8698AR and LT1078. (These two are presented in tutorial step by step instructions).

I stopped each time at step 4 (Setting pin parameters). My symbol informaion for AD8698AR is OP777AR. This step does not allow me to go further to next step because there is a problem with same names for pins (VS- and VS+). I cannot use it. I have to change the names if i want to go further to next step. But when i change the names then the problems comes with step 5 assigning footprint pins. Then this step gives me the warning that i cannot use the same footprints twice. So i am not using pins twice and succesfully finish component wizard process. 

But when i tride this newly created component it obvisuly does not work.

I am asking here if there any new way of creating new components in Multisim 13.0.1 or am I missing something during my creation? - I am trying to learn how to use this tool. 

Thank you very much for any help.

Bellow are attached screen shots of warnings that I get.

Bye, 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,115 Views)

The attachment shows the process that works for me for vacuum tubes.  I'm not concerned about footprints, etc. though!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,044 Views)

Hi,

You can use this tutorial to create a new component.

Regarding the pins issue: my first guess would be is that you have the ground or power pins already connected as hidden pins, that may cause the conflict.

Regarding the model issue: My guess is that your SPICE model has some syntax issues, or uses some spice features that are not supported by Multisim. Double check your sipce code.

Best Regards,
T Simon
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Developer - Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,997 Views)

I tried using the Component Wizard. This is not letting me do what I want. You have to select a footprint from the database. I just want to make a simple 10 pin Molex connector. Pads are 0.070" with 0.045" hole spaced 0.100" apart. Do this all the time in other layout software. How about a 4PDT switch that I know the layout footprint from the mfgr's data sheet and want to make a custom component. Can't seem to find out how to do it. I wonder if it is because I am using the trial/eval software and maybe it is not in this freebie package.

Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,669 Views)