Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Co-Simulation Multisim / LabVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

Is it possible to add two-state contacts to Multisim and control them from LabVIEW in a boolean way?

attached example diagram.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(8,629 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Felipevv

Hi,

I have attached a sample circuit with LabVIEW co-simulation.  This circuit uses a voltage controlled switch.  To control it from LabVIEW a connector is used that is taking in an input from the LabVIEW interface and the signal being generated is viewed using the graph utilities in LabVIEW.  The input from LabVIEW controlling the switch is a toggle control.

The link provided will give you information about co-simulation requirements

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/13663/en

If you have any other questions please let me know.

Regards,

Sharanya R
Market Development Engineer
National Instruments
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(8,609 Views)

Thanks, I knew that solution.

In the future, would be nice a more intuitive boolean way to control switches from labview to validate functional DC schemes.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(8,592 Views)

Dear  sir/madam

i m beginner for cosimulation of multisim with labview.... i started with example summer which is available in help.i can do succesfully till placing external library,while selecting multisim design through this external library to labview i m facing an error like"Configuration Error : Error-2367 occured at External Model.unavailable to load library" and sometimes it is giving "bad DLL image"..please

help me out....

Regrads

srividya

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(8,331 Views)

Mam,I have seen ur example..but it is not working.,when i processing the signal and giving feedback to  multisim circuit in co-simulation design...please reply me soon..

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(7,097 Views)

Hello,

Are you getting specific errors? What is your LabVIEW and Multisim version? Do you have the Control Design and Simulation Module?

I recommend you to start with a basic example:

Introduction to Digital and Analog Co-simulation Between NI LabVIEW and NI Multisim

Best,

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(7,081 Views)

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I have already tried it and it was working fine but when I try to process the multisim output signal and giving as input to the multisim (as a feedback) it is showing as bad wiring (errors). If I connect a control terminal it has no errors. So how could I resolve this problem. please help. I am using Multsim 13 and LabVIEW 2012. 

Thanks & Regards,

Sitaramgupta

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(7,085 Views)

Hi,

I'd like to take a look of your schematic and VI (the one with the error). Please attach your files here.

Regards,

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(7,061 Views)

Hello,

Please find the attached LabVIEW and Multisim files. I have considered an example problem and modifed to understand. I want to control the output as my setpoint using controller. I took simple P controller in this case. The output of the multisim signal is connected to -ve terminal of subtractor (as a feedback) and required (setvalue) to +ve. If I dont connect the multisim signal it is perfectly fine. But when I connect the mutlsim output signal the VI connections are showing broken arrow.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(7,011 Views)

The circuit is not correct for operation. But I am looking for error when I give as a feedback signal. If I remove the feedback and connect with some control terminal. It has no error. I am working on specific example where I need to process the output signal and give as feedback for controlling, which I couldnt able to do it.

Thanks & Regards,

V Sitaramgupta

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(7,008 Views)