Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ammeter Reporting Wrong Values After Running Convergence Assistant

Solved!
Go to solution

After copying and pasting a basic circuit with a DC power source, DC current source, and six resistors, I got an error in simulation, and I ran the convergence assistant (at MultiSim's suggestion). Apparently the value of RSHUNT was changed, which I can't find anywhere in the simulation options, and I cannot find any "Global Tab" that the help file references to change it back. Now all of the ammeters that I use are showing values that are less accurate than before. I do not have the original file as Multisim crashed shortly afterwards before I could save it. Is there a way to just reset all of MultiSim's default values (as if it had been just installed)?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,785 Views)

Hello NickD42,

Have you reviewed this documents?

Why Do Large Resistors Cause Incorrect Current Readings in Multisim?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/A2D5774DF7BC0D638625761C006FEC9C

How Do I Solve Simulation Errors in Multisim?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/A65253BD02F585CD86257A6B0049945D

Diego H

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,746 Views)

I had not reviewed those documents, but sadly, upon review, I see that they do not solve the problem. The first document requires access to an option under simulate called Interactive Simulation Settings, which does not seem to appear in Multisim 14. It also assumes the use of large resistors, and the largest resistors I have used with Multisim are all under 100k ohms. The second document also references Interactive Simulation Settings, and it asks that I run the convergence assistant, which caused the problem in the first place and does not work when the error is an inaccuracy in the ammeter measurement values.

The inaccuracies are within a thousandth of an amp, and they did not occur before running the convergence assistant. Also, was Interactive Simulation Settings removed or renamed with Multisim 14? The documents you have are for Multisim 12, which may explain that issue.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,736 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author NickD42

Hello NickD42,

You can try to force-reinstall NI Circuit Design Suite in order to reset the data to default. Find instructions here.

Regards,

Jose F.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,720 Views)