Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

74HC132 not in database

A pretty fundamental ommision surely ?  It's not as if it's an uncommon part.

"Could do better" is the phrase that springs to mind from reading school reports.

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,756 Views)

Hi Dave,

Unfortunately not! 

Below are two tutorial links to create a component from scratch in Multisim and Ultiboard, have a look at it to get a general idea how to add parts to your database
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3173
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5631

For the 74HC132 that you want to use, since similar parts are already in the Master database, you don't need to create a component from scratch but instead, you can edit the existing component and change only the required component properties.

For example, double click on the 555 timer you placed on the work area select "Edit Component in db". Click on the "General" tab and change the name from 555 to TLC551CP. Next click on the "Footprint" tab click on the "Add From Database", locate the footprint you want to use and select it. Have a look at the step 2 in the Multisim Component creation tutorial for more info. Once you found the footprint you want to use, select it. Now, back in the Component Properties dialog box, map the symbol to footprint pin in the table (refer to step in the tutorial). Once you finished, make all the changes, click the OK button to save the modified part to your User database.

Hope this helps, 

Rebecca

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,719 Views)

No that doesn't help a darn!

I can't take a 74HC00 and change the model to account for the Schmitt trigger inputs which I'd need to do to get a correct simulation of an 74HC132 - that's why I expect standard logic families to be in the Master Database and complete.

Unfortunately that seems not to be the case - no 75AC, 74LVC or other stuff.

Grrr

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,715 Views)