Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remoting ELVIS VIs to a client through LabView

Hi
by using the "RemotePanelMethods-Client.vi" and "RemotePanelMethods-Server.vi" i can remote my own applications (VIs) through our school-network without a problem. I'm trying to remote the ELVIS-Bode Analyzer by using "RemotePanelMethods-Client.vi" and "RemotePanelMethods-Server.vi" in LabView virsion 7.0.
I copied the whole folder "c:\programme\Nationa Instruments\NI ELVIS 1.0\Source Code" (because of needed Sub-VIs), into "c:\programme\Nationa Instruments\LabVIEW 7.0\examples", because using "RemotePanelMethods-Server.vi" i have access to folder "examples". On client the Front Panel of ELVIS-Bode Analyzer should appear! but i doesn't! can you please help me? thanx,
bashar
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,500 Views)
Hi,
I'm so sorry for answering so late.

You mentioned, that the front panel of the ELVIS-Bode-analyzer doesn't appear on the client. Is there an error message which appears when you try to get connected to the server?
Mayby the path to the "ELVIS-Bode-analyzer.vi" is wrong. You can check the path by setting a probe on the output of the "Built Path.VI"

You also have to check, if the VI Server is activated, and that you select the same port on both the client and the server (e.g. 80) for the communication. You can find the settings in Tools>>Options>>VI Server

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,452 Views)