Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview do not know task in DAQmxBase

Hi, Iam using Labview 2011 and NIDAQmxBase 3.6 for my mac, I want to build DAQ using NI_USB 6009

I build task in mxbasecongif but when I build program in Labview the task did not show up.

Do I miss something?

regard

daniel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,256 Views)

Hi Daniel,

I have a some instructions for you to try so you can use your created task.

First, plug in the USB-6009 and use the lsdaq application to make sure the device is recognized. Then, use the mxbaseconfig application in the same directory to create a new task, make an analog input task, name it and save it by clicking the Save and Exit button in mxbaseconfig. Then, open LabVIEW and place a DAQmx Base Start Task VI and dropped down a DAQmx Task Name constant (Task Const) and wire it into the task/channels in input. This is a DAQmx Task Name constant, and there are no DAQmx Task Names on the system (only DAQmx Base Task Names). To get around this, right-click on the constant and create a control from the constant. Then, on the front panel, click on an empty part of the front panel, then hover over the task name control and make your pointer turn into the text editing cursor. Then click in the task name control and typed the name of your task and run the VI.

The things to note from this process are that you have to create a control from the constant so you can type the task name, and make sure to save and exit mxbaseconfig after you have created your task.

-Jake B.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,235 Views)

Thank you Jake,

I have trying as your sugesting, but the result is error, do I miss something?

Or my program in labview is not correct?

regard

daniel

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,226 Views)

Hi Daniel,

You need to connect the DAQmx Task Name control to the Start Task VI, not the task constant.

-Jake B.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,214 Views)

Dear Jake,

I try to change with DAQmx base task name control, but the result is the same as before, do I miss something?

regard

daniel

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,187 Views)

Daniel,

Your setup looks correct, would it be possible to get a screenshot of your DAQmx Base Task Configuration Utility to see the task you created? I have some links to some of our online Knowledge Bases, but it seems like you are doing all the things they mention correctly, but they may be helpful to look at just incase there is a certain step I am unaware of.

This is a common error if the task was created in the NI-DAQmx Base Configuration Utility with LabVIEW open. To resolve this you could try the following: Save and Close the VI which is using the new task»Re-open VI»Run the VI again. You should avoid creating new tasks while LabVIEW is open, unless you access the Configuration Utility via LabVIEW by going to Tools»DAQmx Base Task Configuration Utility.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/7705D38D59EF562886256F79007E4B5A?OpenDocument

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/81BFABF907AD65D886256F9A00824FEF?OpenDocument

-Jake B.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,167 Views)

Thank you Jake,

This is the screenshot of the daqmx configuration.

Or I have to use the dynamic way? but I dont understand how to build the dynamic way.

regard

daniel

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,158 Views)

Daniel,

It appears you still need to go through a Create Task VI when using DAQmx Base.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/3efedde4322fef19862567740067f3cc/57393fedf313e99b86256f0b0010ad2d?O...

-Jake B.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,125 Views)