Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deadband settings and engineering scaling

Hi!

Can someone please help with the following 2 questions:

1. I am using Labview DSC Module to log data to a Citadel Database with deadbands all set to 0 to log data all the time, however when a variable is set to a constant value this is logged incorrectly. The data is not logged whilst constant, because the change in value is not greater than 0. Is there any way to work around this as i need the 'actual' feedback, even if this is constant?

2. I need to change the Engineering scaling units for all tags imported but I cannot see an option to do this in the Tag Configuration Wizard. Is there any way to avoid changing these scaling values manually as I have thousands of tags!!?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Regards,
Sianny

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,378 Views)
Hi Sianny,

I have some questions for you.  Which version of DSC are you using?  I have a shared variable in LV DSC 8.2, set the deadband to 0, wired a constant to it in a loop, and the data was correctly loged to Citadel.  Also, are your tags bound to an OPC server, or are you writing constants to them inside LV?

For the Tag Configuration Wizard question, I would have to look into it.

Cheers,
Spex
National Instruments

To the pessimist, the glass is half empty; to the optimist, the glass is half full; to the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be has a 2x safety factor...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,366 Views)

Hi Spex! Thanks for your reply~

I have the 7.1 version of DSC with my constants bound to an RSLinx OPC server. Importing the data from Citadel to an excel sheet shows interpolation between what should have been a step change in RSLogix (i.e. getting a ramp as output not a step).

If you can think of anything it could be i would be most appreciative!

Cheers,

Sianny.

p.s. Many apologies for my late reply our internet was down for a few days and then i took a short holiday.. not very considerate of me i know.. so sorry.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,326 Views)

Question 1:

To save space, DSC only logs changes and then interpolates between points. You can force a database write every so many hours/minutes/seconds by going to Configure-Historical in the Tag Configuration Editor and changing the "Maximum time between logs".

Question 2:

The easiest way to change a group of tags is to Export your .scf file to a .txt, load it into Excel or wordpad, use find/replace (or whatever technique works for you), and Import the new .txt file back into DSC.

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,322 Views)

Thanks so much for the feedback!

I'll have a go!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,306 Views)