Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

daqpad network problem

I have a DAQPad-6015 USB monitoring several analog and digital channels through LabView/DAQmx on a Win2000 machine. While all the software has been installed locally, every time I lose the network (server reboot or unplugging the network cable), I also lose communication with the DAQPad in both LabView and MAX. The only way it will see the 6015 again is to plug the network cable back in and reboot the DAQPad. Any ideas on why or how to prevent this?

Steve
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,682 Views)
Hi Selmore,

That doesn't sound like a typical problem. Usually there is no relationship between a network connection and the USB port; however, there is a possibility that they share interrupts and somehow one resource is getting confused by the loss of another.

Have you tried this on any other machines? I know that Windows XP tends to handle lost connections better than Windows 2000. Also are you using a laptop of a PC?

By trying it with a different system it might help us narrow down exactly what is occurring and why.

Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,667 Views)
As usual, the problem appears to have fixed itself.  I am still trying to get a straight answer from our IT deparment to find out what changes they made when as they have been doing a lot of server and desktop profile updates lately.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,659 Views)

Hi,

Well that is good to hear that the problem is now fixed.  If for some reason, you face the same problem, do not hesitate to post again.  Thanks, and have a Great Day!

George M.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,648 Views)