Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

daqpad 6052e not seen by scc 2350

I have a DAQPad-6052E connected to an SCC-2350 chassis.
When trying to configure the chassis in MAX, I cannot specify the 6052E as the cabled device.
Is this because 6052E is not recognized by DAQmx ?
What should I do ?
Thanks,
Tom
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,439 Views)
Tom,

The SC-2350 is not a supported device on Traditional DAQ.  It is supported only on NI-DAQmx.  You can verify this and other devices on this link. Accessories in Traditional NI-DAQ and NI-DAQmx

On the other hand the DAQPad-6052E is supported only on Traditional DAQ and not on DAQmx as it is an older board.  Information on drivers for this device and other devices can be found here.  However, the SC-2345 is supported on both Traditional DAQ and DAQmx and would work with your DAQPad-6052E.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Raajit L
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,396 Views)

Hi Raajit, thank you for your answer.

The problem is that I have a 2350 and not a 2345.
Here I found that SC-2350 works with Traditional NI-DAQ version 7.4.4.
I wonder which is the correct info: this one or that mentioned by you ?

DAQPad-6052E seems to be also compatible with Traditional 7.4.4.
Do you think I have to install this version of NI-DAQ only and try to program in the traditional style ?

Tom

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,399 Views)
Tom,

The document that says that the SC-2350 is compatible with Traditional DAQ has an error.  Unfortunately, you can actually use the SC-2350 only in NI-DAQmx.  I have Traditional DAQ installed on my machine and under Traditional DAQ, there is no way of using the 2350 as a device, so it would not help even if you had the Traditional DAQ 7.4 version installed.  I would recommend either getting a device that is supported in DAQmx or getting an accessory such as  the SC-2345 that is supported in Traditional DAQ.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Raajit L
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,366 Views)
Hi Raajit, thank you for the answer.
At least, is it possible to use 2350 only as an accessory ?
Tom
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,363 Views)
Tom,

Yes, you can use the SC-2350 as an accessory in DAQmx. 

However, you cannot use is as an accessory in Traditional though, as this accessory is meant only for DAQmx. As shown below, only the SC-2345, which can be used in traditional DAQ, shows up in the list.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Message Edited by Raajit L on 06-01-2007 11:14 AM

Raajit L
National Instruments
Download All
Message 6 of 8
(3,345 Views)

Thank you Raajit,

By using 2350 as an accessory I ment:
1. To declare DAQPad-6052E in Traditional NI-DAQ
2. Connect SC-2350 to the DAQ board without declaring the 2350 in MAX
3. Read the voltage at the input channels of 6052E

I have also a second, bigger, problem: I have a TEDS accelerometer connected to a module in 2350.
It seems that first I have to connect the 2350 to a DAQmx board, to read the TEDS data and then to make a traditional VI using the previously read data for converting the measurements.

This is because in the final application I have to use only 6052E and 2350 .....

Tom

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,315 Views)

Hi Tom,

The DAQPad 6052E is only able to work with the Traditional DAQ driver, while the SC-2350 is only able to work with the DAQmx driver.  There is no current way to make these two devices communicate or share data between them.  This functionality is not supported.  We recommend that you use an M series board to communicate with the SC-2350.

Respectfully,

Rob F
Test Engineer
Condition Measurements
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,298 Views)