Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

current measurement

Solved!
Go to solution

how to measure current using current sensor and fetch the current sensor data through ni hardware.

which c series module i can use??

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,617 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Risuraj

current measurement.jpgMore info needed. Can you share the specs or data sheet on your current sensor ? Type? Application? Range, bandwidth,  update speed, data transfer type, USB,, i2C, etc. ? The more info, the better. You could use a less expensive analog voltage input module; see attached dwg.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,570 Views)

i have attached the datasheet of current sensor and schematic(connector) where input is 24v and output is 12v,4.2A,50.4Watt.so i want to measure the output current 4.2A using current sensor.i have NI 9201 AI module.can i use this module for my application.please share connection diagram.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,560 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Risuraj

The datasheet says that your LA 200-P current transducer has  1:2,000 transfer ratio (K) where 200 amps-in  produces 100 ma out. 

Your 4.2A measurement would produce 2.1 ma output.

Your NI-9201 is a (+/- 10v) voltage input device.

If you wanted 2.1 ma to produce half scale ( 5V), then a current sense resistor (RM) of about 2.4K ohm, 1/8 watt would work fine. See attached diagram.

Note1: The LA 200 is an AC/DC transducer. if you are measuring 4.2 Amps AC, then the 2.1 ma output will be AC as well and the 2.4K resistor will produce +/- 5 vac into the NI 920.

Note2: The above information is my best guess, quasi-solution or approach for this forum-submitted question, without knowing all the facts or circumstances. Proceed or approach this solution at your own risk. The above suggested solution should be confirmed with the LA 200 MFG and other industry professionals before proceeding. Test the Rm voltage output before completing the connection to NI 9201

Good luck!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,527 Views)

i want to replace the current sensor with INA250-Q1 texas current shunt monitor.The same AI module i am using here.how i will make the connection.i have attached datasheet with this post.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,382 Views)