cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cDAQ

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I'm planing to built a control and data acquisition system for a Test Stand using NI cDAQ. Due to a high number of inputs and outputs it is necesary to use 2 cDAQ of 8 slots each. My question is, what cDAQ is most recommendable to use in the system USB cDAQ or Ethernet cDAQ?

Thanks in advance,

Alfredo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,189 Views)

Hello,

I think that both options are valid. Ethernet is ideal for taking measurements at distances beyond the 5 m limit of a USB cable. If the distance is not a problem, then you might to consider the bandwidth for both buses. Depending of your network configuration USB connections could allow you to transfer more information. Take a look to the next link to see the differences for the USB and Ethernet buses.

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/12117/en

Regards,

Message 2 of 5
(3,163 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Busu

Hi MCOTO,

I found enough information (in the article you sent me) to choose the best bus for my application

Thank you very much

Busu

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,150 Views)

Hi, I have a cDAQ 9174. I'm trying to measure vibration signal. But, I connected the USB and power cables and my computer doesn't read nothing. The LED's: power and active always are on and the ready LED is off. Somebody know what problem is happening with my cDAQ?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,997 Views)

Hi pcbmeng,

To better support you, please create a new forum post for this issue.  Since this issue is not related to the original forum post, which already has a solution, your question might not be seen by people monitoring the forums.  This also helps create problems and solutions organized for future use.

Nick

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,981 Views)