Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cDAQ-9185 connection issue - NI MAX does not work

Hi,

This is my first time using cDAQ chassis, I run into issues with connecting to the cDAQ-9185. I tried to use both cross-over Ethernet cable and straight through Ethernet cable to connect the chassis directly to my laptop Ethernet port. In MAX, I am able to see the chassis. However, when I click on it, there is not any information showing about the chassis, see below:

cDAQ-Max.JPG

It asks me to login to view the configuration. According to the video tutorial on YouTube, this information should be shown without the need to login. I then used the default username and password, which is admin and no password, I got error saying incorrect username or password. 

login-error.JPG

However, I am able to click on the "Set Permissions" button to launch IE to login the cDAQ chassis.

cDAQ-web.JPG

Due to the permission issue, I cannot even add or configure any DAQ card. I tried to add device, here is what I got:

add-error.JPG

For my network adapter, I've tried using both DHCP or Static IP for TCP/IP v4 protocol, nothing changes.

What could be the problem? Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,342 Views)

What version is your MAX? I think the 9185 needs at least 17.0.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,265 Views)

Hi AK2DM,

My MAX is version 16.0. I will install the latest and try. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,249 Views)

I was not clear in my initial reply, MAX is part of the DAQmx installation.

Depending on your version of LabVIEW, you need to find which versions of DAQmx are compatible with it, refer to this chart:

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/53326/en/

-AK2DM

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,246 Views)

I've got LabVIEW 2016, from the chart, it seems is compatible with the latest device driver, DAQmx. I am trying to install it now. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,241 Views)

Unfortunately, it is still the same issue. Cannot see the configurations, requires login. 😥

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,218 Views)

Update:

I've found this from NI support website: https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000PAZ7SAO&l=en-NZ

It asks me to check out the Network Adapters settings on "Network Settings" tab, however, for my system, it cannot even find any network adapter.

no-network-adapter.JPG

Is something wrong with my firewall settings? Thanks.

GJ

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,210 Views)

I'm out of ideas, hopefully NI can step in. I have only had one experience using cDAQ9185 and had issues until I updated DAQmx- after that all was well. Did you try resetting the cDAQ?

"Press and hold the reset button on the cDAQ for five seconds or longer, until the Status LED lights up. This will reset the configuration to the factory-set defaults."

-AK2DM

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,165 Views)

Yes, I did. That was the first thing I tried when I found out the issue. Someone told me it might be the firewall blocking it, but I doubt it, as I can use IE to view all the settings. Not sure if our ICT people can help with the TCP port settings.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,100 Views)

The other solution would be trying to use a switch to connect the cDAQ instead of direct link to the laptop Ethernet port. I have not yet tried it.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,099 Views)