Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cDAQ-9185 connection issue - NI MAX does not work

Still cannot figure out what is wrong with my MAX, I tried on a colleague's laptop, it does not have the issue. I will wait for the actual test station PC to arrive to try MAX on it.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(635 Views)

I have same problem, and it is annoying me so much I almost want to return the whole thing, since I just bought it. Configuring a DAQ device shouldn't be this buggy NI. I've spent a whole day on this viewing knowledge base articles, and now I'm here looking for crumbs in the community.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(615 Views)

I've finally got it working by using a brand new PC with fresh NI software installation. Luckily, this PC will be the one that actually used with the cDAQ. My suggestion is to do a clean fresh installation of all NI software you have. In my case, my laptop cannot uninstall any NI software due to the new NI Package Manager I have. There is not anyway I can do it unless I do a complete OS installation. This just cost me too much in terms of time and effort. Hence, I decided to wait until I got a new laptop from the company in mid of this year. Meantime, I will just use the new PC to talk to cDAQ. If you would like to give it a go, follow the following steps:

1. Completely uninstall all NI software.

2. Install NI software version 2016, it does not matter which 2016 version, as it does not use NI Package Manager (this is the one that causing errors and stops me from uninstalling any of the NI software).

3. Install the latest NI device driver (this will install NI MAX too) without using NI Package Manager.

If you prefer, you can upgrade your LabVIEW and TestStand to latest later.

Hope this will help you.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(602 Views)