From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blue screen in XP, LabView 7.1

I had a camera app open and got a blue screen in Windows XP, SP2 running LabView 7.1.

The VI will no longer open.

Is there anything that I can do?

VI is attached, but not SubVIs.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,768 Views)
I got blue screens with horrifying consistency when I stopped the debugger (with the stop button) without allowing the code to close down my ports (which would occur on a "normal" exit).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,763 Views)
Hello Jspaarg,

I tried opening this file in LabVIEW 7.1 and 8.0 to see if I could recover the file.  Unfortunately I was unable to do anything because the file has become corrupt and unopenable.  The only choice you have is to revert back to a previous version of that VI.  Basically LabVIEW is saying that it does not recognize the format that the file is in.  This was most likely caused if Windows was accessing the file when it crashed which corrupted the file.  I wish there was something more I could do to help, but the same sort of scenario would be likely if you were reading a notepad file at the exact instant that Windows crashed as well.

Regards,
Travis Marsh
NI Florida
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,748 Views)

I figured that's what happened.  I was more concerned that LabView could crash so badly that it caused a Blue Screen.

Thanks for the try.

(Whoa, how did I post this in this sub-forum?)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,739 Views)