Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a Data Acquisition Module with 8 I/Ox.How do I connect Labview to view?

Dear Friends,

I have an USB based data acquisition module with 8 I/Ox configured to measure and monitor certain parameter like Temp,Pressures,switch functional etc. With this, I would like to utilize our Labview 8.6 version for measuring & monitoring and control purposes.

Would any one of you guide us how to go ahead with the third party(other than NI-products) products to be used with our Labview pl. !

Regards ,

KCPadhy,

For KICSPL,B'lore-93,

E-mail: kanhupadhy@gmail.com

Url: http://www.qmsskc.org  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,937 Views)
How you connect will depend totally on the hardware you are using. You need to contact the vendor to see if they have a LabVIEW driver. If they dont, you need to use whatever driver they do provide whether its ActiveX, .NET, etc. You have not provided either the make or model of the device so a detailed answer is impossible.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,930 Views)

Dear Mr Dennis_Knutson,

I thank you for your reply.

Further Info:

I am using a PIC-18K50 MCU IOx.I have connected some sensors to the IOx to monitor their outputs. I would like to capture these analog out_put data in  the "Serial vi Front Panel" of your Lab View. As such I am using IAR Embedded workbench/MPLAB/WIZ-C. With this information may I request to further interact & suggest pl.

Kanhu

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,918 Views)

Dear Sir,

There was an typographical error in the MCU info. Pl.read PIC18k50 as PIC18F14K50 MCU.

Thanks,

Kanhu

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,915 Views)

@Kanhu_Charan_Padhy wrote:

Dear Mr Dennis_Knutson,

I thank you for your reply.

Further Info:

I am using a PIC-18K50 MCU IOx.I have connected some sensors to the IOx to monitor their outputs. I would like to capture these analog out_put data in  the "Serial vi Front Panel" of your Lab View. As such I am using IAR Embedded workbench/MPLAB/WIZ-C. With this information may I request to further interact & suggest pl.

Kanhu

It's YOUR LabVIEW since you are the one that is writing the program.

How you connect still depends on your choices. If you install a windows driver for the USB that emulates a serial port, then the connection will appear in MAX as a com port and you can proceed from there. If you want to use USB RAW, then you create your own VISA driver by following the instructions here.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,911 Views)