Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB DAQ

Hi all

I am evaluating different options for a Vision project. I have a LV Vision program that acquires images of a DUT when placed in correct positon and give PASS or FAIL end results based on Image processing results. Based on this PASS or FAIL, a pneumatic handle should move right or left. i.e If PASS then pneumatic handle should move to right. If FAIL , then pneumatic handle should move to left. At first I was planning to use to BECKHOFF or SIEMENS I/O Terminal blocks. But then I came to ask myself why not NI DAQ ( like USB) ? Can anyone help me in choosing a DAQ for my application. I have 2 outputs from labview to Pneumatic ( FAIL = move left or PASS= move right). Then 1 output from DUT to LV ;when the DUT is placed in the correct positon, DUT is switched on by 24VDC and I would like LV to get this signal and start Image processing.

Can anyone help me with some inputs?

Thanks

Nghtcwrlr

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,343 Views)

Hello Nghtcrwlr,

the interesting part is what current do the outputs need and how fast do you want to switch?

For USB DAQ a 9485 or 9475 for the outputs and a 9421 for the input in a in a  9174 four slot chassis could be an option depending on the needed current and switching time.

Also interesting, because they have integrated I/Os are Smart Cameras.

best regards
Alexander
Message 2 of 3
(3,301 Views)

I used another DAQ from Advantech USB-4750. its cheaper and also it suits perfectly my applicaton as it has a 24V input.

Nghtcwrlr

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,031 Views)