From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-6343

Solved!
Go to solution

The laptop does not recognize a new device when I plug the USB-6343 into the USB port.  It used to work but then was intermittent, only recognizing it once in a while, but now it doesn't work at all.  Any ideas what could be wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,227 Views)

Sorry you're having trouble.  The community is here to help!

1) What is the make/model of your computer?

2) Does the device show up in Windows Device Manager? Does it show up as a "Unknown Device" or somewhere else in the device manager tree?

3) What version of DAQmx (the driver) do you have on your laptop?

4) Do you have any activity on the LED lights on the front of the 6343?  Dumb question, but do you have it connected to a good power source as well as the USB cable?

let me know!

-gaving

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,226 Views)

gaving,

Thanks for the quick response.  We may have located the problem; an intermittent connection.  I will post the exact problem when we get it narrowed down.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,221 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author llcl

It ended up being an intermittent USB-6343.  Tapping the instrument lightly would make it appear on the bus.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,218 Views)

Hi llcl,

That sounds a little disconcerting.  May I have your permission to pull your contact information from NI's forum staff?  I'll see if we can get you a replacement power supply (or if necessary an entire replacement unit) so we can better investigate what might be causing your issue.

Best Regards,

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,206 Views)

Hi llcl,

Additionally, you could open a service request at ni.com/support to set up an RMA for the device. You'll be able to reference this discussion forum to whatever applications engineer you're working with.

Lea D.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,190 Views)

I have just experienced this exact same thing with the USB-6343. It just stopped working and then I picked it up and tapped it lightly and it started working again. 

Is this a known issue with these Mulitfunction DAQs (or this model in particular) ??  If so, I hope that NI will allow a replacement DAQ.

-MB

Best regards,
Brown

The more I know...the more I don't know
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,077 Views)