From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-6343 Error -201295 Upon Self Calibration Plus Unresponsive AO

Hey All,

Noticed two of the AO channels are giving anomalous outputs (one is at 1V, another at +3V) with no signals being put through them. I have used the MAX test panel to set the output to 0 however this doesn't change the output.

I therefore tried the self-calibration to see if it resets the output voltage and I receive:
The device could not be calibrated.
Status Code: -201295
Device could not complete the calibration operation.

Calibration could fail for the following reasons:

1. The actual reference signal applied for calibration was different from the value you specified. Ensure that the reference signal applied is the same as the values that were input.
2. The reference signal was not stable over the period of time that the hardware was being calibrated. Ensure that the reference signal specified is free of noise and does not drift over the duration of the calibration.
3. The device is not functioning properly.

So far, in attempts to fix this, I have reset config data and restarted controlling PC before attempting a new calibration. After I had done this, the self-calibration date still shows 29/11/17 (when I did the self-cal upon receiving it). I have tried a different USB port (it is running on USB-3) and throughout these attempts I still receive same error code.

I found a previous topic, and I tried using the self calibration VI within labview. when I have run it, it doesn't show an error, but nothing is updated in terms of calibration date and it doesn't change the AO voltages.

I am currently trying to run the DAQ Diagnostics Utility, it can detect device, however upon calibration test the program just hangs and does not progress past "Running Calibration..."

Any ideas anyone, as I am stumped as to how to proceed now?

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,305 Views)

Further to this, I skipped the self calibration in DAQ Diagnostics (It had been hanging for almost 2 hours at this point) the rest ran after that. I have attached the report if it helps.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,289 Views)

Hi,

If your device is that far our of calibration it's almost definitely broken. I'd recommend that you contact NI Technical Support for troubleshooting and to find out if your device is in warranty and if not, how much a repair process will be.

Thanks,

Jack

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,250 Views)