cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-6251 Continuously monitoring current

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everybody, 

I am developing a LabVIEW app with the .NET modules to call functions from a DLL. I would like the DAQ's ADC function to keep collecting and updating data in the background while I am calling these .NET methods and properties. I would like the program to stop if the electrical current is too high.

Currently, the DAQ is sampling continuously at 1Khz, and outputting that value to an indicator. The indicator is only updating once every 1.5 seconds after I call all of these .NET functions. I have the DAQ read function in a while loop with other commands. What is the proper structure to continuously receive DAQ data continuously in the background while the rest of the program is running?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,869 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JamesonBeebe

If you are developing your application in LabVIEW, simply create a parallel tasks e.g. one for the data acquisition (which will continuously collect data) and have another task performing the DLL functions 😉

-Ciao

Message 2 of 6
(3,835 Views)

Great! Thank you so much. Works like a charm!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,818 Views)

Great! mark as solution 😉

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,793 Views)

i am using usb-6212 but i am not able to monitoring voltage. tell me how to watch continuously voltage & how to run two vi parallel 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,736 Views)

Hello s_t,

You can acquire voltage data continuously by running one of the DAQmx examples available in LabVIEW i.e. Navigate to Help>Find Examples>Hardware Input and Output>Analog Measurements>Voltage>Cont Acq&Graph Voltage-Int Clk.vi. In order to run VI's in parallel, simply create another independent task, e.g. create a task that performs an analog output below this example.

Best regards,

Ali M

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,716 Views)