Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-6211 export clock signal to PFI

Hello,

I have a scanning application that I use USB-6211 to trigger our camera. I export AO clock signal to PFI0 and wire PFI0 to camera's input trigger line. The issue is that camera doesn't detect this input trigger signal when I use 6211's clock signal - in the manual it says the camera will trigger on 5V TTL's rising edge (the camera trigger works if I create pulse train in DO channel - 1 msec high, 1 msec low). When probed PFI0 channel with scope, I see active High on PFI0 channel (does signal clocked in falling edge of the clock signal?) - also clock signal from 6211 is not a clean square signal. Does using clock signal as camera's trigger input a good way or not recommended?

6211-clock.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,494 Views)

Hi,

Are you configuring your trigger using LabVIEW? Is there any particular reason why you cannot use the pulse train you generated at DO as your trigger?

Best,

Misbah 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,464 Views)

Thanks for the reply. The reason is, the trigger needs to be at 40KHz and be synced with AO signal. We use windows PC and I can't get DO pulse train to run that fast (and it was easier to sync trigger with AO using clock).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,457 Views)

No problem. Thanks for the information. 

Have you confirmed that your device is outputting the trigger as expected? If so, this might be a configuration issue. Are you using LabVIEW to configure this task? 

Best,

Misbah 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,416 Views)

Hi Misbah,

Yes, the screen capture in the original post is 6211's clock signal. It comes out as a pulse but not clean (rising edge goes to 5V but falling edge doesn't go to baseline, 0V. The signal only goes down to like 2V line so I'm not sure if this is how it should look or if  there is a bias DC voltages somewhere. And think this is why the camera trigger is not working because the trigger input signal is not a clean pulse). I use LabVIEW 2017, export signal function to export clock signal to PFI0.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,405 Views)