Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 6211 Driver Problem

My problem is sth similar to this:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/problem-with-USB-6211-driver/m-p/523916/highlight/true#M30...

but I decided to open a new thread because that one is too old.

The driver works fine almost all the time, but there is an annoying problem happens when this sequence is followed right after device is plugged:

1. Plug usb 6211 device to usb port

2. start NI-Max or Matlab immediately, dont wait for 'USB 6211 detected' message. (anything uses the drivers)

3. Device driver is not loaded, instead 'usb driver loader' appears at device manager and NI max.

I tried rescanning, resetting the hub at which daq is connected(using devcon), but no luck. The only way to get it working again was to cut power from the DAQ, wait for some time and re-plug.

I can detect  if this situation happens in software using devcon and system calls, but I want to fix it in software. Can you help me in this?I hope my question is clear.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,070 Views)

The problem is really annoying and time consuming. It hangs at 'USB Driver Loader' and does not load actual driver. Does anyone know what is going on?

Any help is appreciated. This is kinda important. The end product can be very displeasant to the user because of this. I want to handle this programmatically.

I  tried resetting the hub using devcon but no luck. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,022 Views)

Hi sarpedeon,

What version of NI-DAQmx are you using with the device?

You mentioned that when you start NI-MAX you do not wait for the "USB 6211 detected" message. If you do wait for this message does it change the behavior?

If you look in the services on your computer is the NI Device Loader service running?

Regards

Carli S.
Troubleshooting & Maintenance Digital Business Manager - NI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,991 Views)

Hi SeaSick, thank you;

I'm using version 14.0.

I checked the service and it is running.

If I can see the 'USB 6211 detected' message everything is just fine. But, it does not appear at all when driver loader hangs at 'usb driver loader'. In fact most of the time, driver loads just fine with no problem. (and message 'USB 6211 detected'  appears.)

But, if 

- I open Matlab or NI Max while it is loading the driver,

- I unplug the device while Matlab was open,

driver is not loaded. I tested this on 4 computers in our office, it occurs at all of them. I'm using the daq thru a usb hub; but I tested without the hub and problem is there.

Only option to solve the issue is unpluging device, waiting couple of minutes and repluging it. there gotta be some sort of software trick to do this without unplugging the device.

thanks for response, again.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,977 Views)

Hi sarpedeon,

When the driver hangs are you able to see the device in MAX?

It may be worth a shot to upgrade the driver that you are using to see if that changes the behavior. Below is the link to the most recent DAQmx driver (14.5.1.)

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-daqmx-14.5.1/5271/en/

Regards

Carli S.
Troubleshooting & Maintenance Digital Business Manager - NI
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,944 Views)