cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 6009 not accessible in existing project

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

Odd issue that I can't seem to find a solution.

Have a USB DAQ device (USB-6009). I connected it to my laptop and opened up a recent project that had been running on another machine, to test some functionality

For some reason this project won't recognise any devices (even simulated) attached to the laptop.

If I connect to the 6009 using NI-MAX everything works fine, and if I open a blank VI from the labview start-up page it recognises everything ok. However, when I try to associate any of the DAQmx functions to a channel on the 6009 in the project I want to edit, it doesnt show anything. DAQ assistant also seems to crash out

The device has been used in a few projects previously on different machines and has always worked fine switching from one to the other.

Is there some kind of configuration within the project that is locked so it can't see the devices on my laptop?

Any suggestions would be really helpful

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,926 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Oldbhoy

Hi Oldbhoy,

Assuming that you are not able to see simulated signal/USB-6009 in other projects on the same computer. The issue could be linked with the NI-DAQmx driver, I would suggest a reinstall of the driver.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,624 Views)

Hi Faeeque,

Sorry for the late response, I'd actually left this project for quite some time and now back on it.

Reinstalling the drivers worked. Not sure what the issue was exactly but this solved it, thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,201 Views)