Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 6001 simultaneous constant analog output and analog input recording

Hello, I am considering buying the USB 6001 unit for my project. I read somewhere that you can't do simultaneous input and output. However, what I want is to produce a constant value (let's say2.5 v) to use in my circuit and then do my data aquisiton for another part of the circuit. Can I do this? Would an analog output retain a specified voltage while my data recording is taking place or have to do one or the other.

So the idea is is to do voltage output with the desired voltage, then start my aquisiton; the only thing I am not sure about is if the output will retain the value or reset. Also can I output a constant value?
One last tiny question, without going into details, is the above thing doable in matlab?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,076 Views)

Hi Beshboy,

as long as it will be a constant value, the AO and AI will work just fine. Problems start when you wan to have simultaneous generation and acquisition. Note: I am not sure what you want to use the 2,5V for, but be aware it has very limited current output - 5mA).

When it comes to Matlab - I am not experience with using it for acquisition, but it should work with this toolbox.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,036 Views)

Beshboy,

Were you ever able to confirm if you could get the constant voltage out with the USB 6001 to power your device(s) and record analog input? I also want to use a 6001 to power an inverting amplifier and a provide a voltage across a bridge circuit and then measure the voltage across a variable resistor using the analog input channels on the 6001 and I'd like to do it all in Matlab.  If you can, would you share your code in Matlab to specify the voltage on the AO?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,176 Views)