Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronizing DO with AI at high frequencies

Hi,

i have a PCIe-6341 (max AI: 500 kS/s, max DO 1MHz) and want to output one digital line at 1MHz while capturing several (2 .. 10) analog lines as fast as possible. The DO-pattern is pre-generated and saved in an array. Afterwards i want to know which index in the AI-results array corresponds to which index in the DO-array.

I fail to setup this dune to the different frequency used for AI and DO. Is there a way to take the DO-sample clock, divide it by 2 ... 10 and use the result as sampleclock for AI? My idea is to trigger an AI sample on every second (...10) raising edge, but i don't know how to do this.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,828 Views)

I don't have real hardware to test this, but I *think* you should look into doing something along these lines:

samp_clk_divisor.png

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,814 Views)

Hi,

since you are using only one PCIe-card the DO and AI have the same timebase anyway, because they are using the same clock. You can try to use a Master Slave Method with the DO as Master and the AI as Slave. The DO is the Starttrigger "DAQmx Start Trigger", to realize a synchronization. The Sample Rates must differ by a multiple Integer.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,803 Views)