cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-9234 Calibration

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

We received one of these DAQ (NI-9234) and chassis cDAQ-9174 and testing the waters so to speak to see if we would like to expand our capabilities.

I'm running Measurement & Automation Explorer 5.1, and per the NI-9234 calibration manual installed DAQmx 9.5.1.

I've done the magority of exploring how to calibrate this and all is communicating well, but am stuck with a couple or so clarification questions.

1. The manual calls out using the NI cDAQ-9178 chassis with the 9234 in slot 8 and all others empty.  Can the cDAQ-9174 be used instead, so far all the prelim-testing I have done doesn't show any issues?

2. Referencing the calibration manual page 7 step 9 under the Phase Matching test, it calls out using the "Extract Single Tone Infomration.VI".  Is this a VI available if you installed a version of LabView, or is this something (I haven't been able to find out how) that can be ran in the MAX/DAQmx software?  We currently don't have labView, but will be willing to make the purchase for this and others if I can get the baseline understanding of what we need done.

3. If the verification procedures run within specifications, does the 9234 need any info uploaded/updated to it, like the newest calibration due date or something?

Thanks for any help in advance,

Stan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,143 Views)

Hi StanL,

1) The NI cDAQ-9178 was only mentioned in the calibration manual, correct?  You should be fine with the NI cDAQ-9174 for regular operation.  I will try and verify whether or not the NI cDAQ-9174 can be used for calibration.

2) That VI is included in the LabVIEW Full Development System.

3) Pages 13-15 explain how to update the NI-9234 with new calibration adjustments.  It is also mentioned on Page 13 how you can update the calibration date without making adjustments.

Best,

Jeff S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,121 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author StanL

Hi StanL,

Although using slot 8 of a NI cDAQ-9178 would be ideal, you should be fine using slot 4 of the NI cDAQ-9174.  From what I can tell, the manual recommends using the last slot because it is furthest away from the controller, giving you the best isolation from any electrical or thermal noise.

Best,

Jeff S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,113 Views)